Easy Pace Budapest Vienna and Prague (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Europe 2018
These three capitals, lush with magnificent cathedrals, imperial palaces and majestic castles, stand at the geographical heart of mainland Europe. Their history and culture are majestically intertwined by the powerful Habsburg dynasty.
Additional Included Highlights
- Budapest: Enjoy panoramic views over the city from Gellert Hill. Walk through the cobbled streets of the medieval Castle Hill district. Visit Heroes' Square in Pest. Spend some time in the popular pedestrian shopping street of Vaci utca.
- Aquincum: See the ruins of the Roman settlement.
- Szentendre: Explore the maze of lanes, churches and colourful houses in this pleasant riverside village.
- Gyor: Stop in this pretty town known for its Baroque charm.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road seeing the Hofburg Imperial Palace, Opera House, Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Cesky Krumlov: Explore the medieval streets and see the castle overlooking the town.
- Scenic Drives: Vienna Woods, Bohemia.
- Budapest: Your Welcome Dinner is a treat of mouthwatering Hungarian specialties, accompanied by specially-selected Hungarian wine, as you dine at the famous and elegant Gundel Restaurant.
- Budapest: Visit a traditional Strudel House for a taste of sweet strudel and learn about the art of making this Hungarian delicacy.
- Budapest: Enjoy a Dine-at-Home experience as you are welcomed into the home of a local for a freshly-prepared meal, typical of the region. Dine with the family for dinner and learn more about their life.
- Vienna: For your dining pleasure, you are offered a selection of Vienna's vibrant restaurants. With drinks, a delicious three-course dinner and Gemutlichkeit in abundance, your Dine-Around Evening is a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Prague: Your Celebration Dinner at a specially selected Prague restaurant, encapsulates the very essence of the Golden City.
- Dining Summary: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Morning Tea (MT) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Budapest: With a Local Expert, visit the colourful Matthias Church and gaze out over the Danube and giant domed Parliament from the heights of the Fisherman's Bastion.
- Vienna: The sheer opulence of Schonbrunn Palace indulges your senses. Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Cesky Krumlov: Roam the cobbled streets of the picture-postcard town as you discover views of the famous castle.
- Prague: Bewitched by the gargoyles of St. Vitus Cathedral and ghosts of Bohemian Kings, experience a private tour with a local historian through the atmospheric courtyards of Prague Castle.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (765) 284-6316 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13866975
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (Please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Budapest||Welcome to Budapest.: On arrival at Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport, enjoy a complimentary transfer to your hotel at 10:00, 13:00 or 15:30. Meet your Travel Director and travel companions at 18:00. Tonight you are in for a treat with your Welcome Dinner at Gundel, one of Budapest's most renowned restaurants for over a hundred years. Dine in elegance as you savour hearty, Hungarian delicacies accompanied with specially-selected Hungarian wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
|Day 3||Budapest||Budapest, Queen of the Danube.: Drive along the elegant boulevards en route to Heroes' Square. Walk with your Local Expert along the medieval cobblestone streets of the Castle district to visit Matthias Church and admire sweeping views from the Fisherman's Bastion over the exquisite Parliament building. Make your way to a traditional Strudel House to see pastry chefs at work, as they prepare delicious sweet strudel by stretching the dough and readying fillings. Enjoy a delectable taste of this famous delicacy paired with a rich aromatic coffee. Spend the rest of the day exploring the city at your leisure. This evening, perhaps you could stop for an aperitif of Hungarian Palinka in and elegant cafe in the old city or maybe opt for a glittering dinner cruise along the Danube? (Buffet Breakfast / Morning Tea)|
Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
|Day 4||Budapest||Free Time in Budapest and Dinner with the Locals.: (Relaxed Start) The day is at leisure to immerse yourself in Budapest's history, culture and gastronomy. Perhaps, visit a thermal bath (an institution in Budapest), spend time browsing the boutiques on Vaci Street or relax in a sidewalk cafe. In the evening, you are invited by one of the locals to a Dine-at-Home experience. Sit down to a hearty Hungarian meal and learn about life in this enchanting city. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
|Day 5||Vienna||Along the Danube to Szentendre and on to Stately Vienna.: Travel past the remains of the Roman settlement of Aquincum and along the Danube to the picturesque riverside village of Szentendre. This community has long been the haunt of artists, enchanted by its brightly-coloured houses and quaint churches. Then, journey westward for a stop in the pretty town of Gyor, located on the confluence of the Danube, Raba and Rabca rivers. Cross the border and continue to stately Vienna, known for its elegant coffee houses and lavish architecture steeped in history. This evening, choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel
|Day 6||Vienna||Vienna and the Habsburgs.: Much of Vienna's present-day charm is due to the long reign of the Habsburgs. Join a Local Expert for a private visit of Maria Theresa's Schonbrunn Palace and its formal gardens. Then ready your camera for a dazzling drive around the famous Ring Road. This grand boulevard, built along the lines of the old city walls, showcases many of the capital's architectural masterpieces, including the Opera House, magnificent Hofburg Imperial Residence, Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche. The afternoon is at your leisure. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel
|Day 7||Vienna||Vienna at Leisure.: (Relaxed Start) Discover the regal grandeur of Vienna, as you explore at your own pace. Perhaps start at St. Stephen's Cathedral - one of Europe's great Gothic structures - or browse the shops of the bustling Karntnerstrasse? You may wish to add another capital to your travels with a visit across the Slovakian border to Bratislava. Ask your Travel Director to recommend local attractions and restaurants, as you appreciate the long, warm summer evening in European style. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Am Konzerthaus Vienna MGallery by Sofitel, Vienna.
|Day 8||Prague||Charming Cesky Krumlov and Golden Prague.: Once over the Czech border, continue to picturesque Cesky Krumlov where you'll start with a brief orientation tour of this fairy-tale town, straight out of the Middle Ages. Enjoy some free time to explore and appreciate views of the Vltava River. Wander through the cobblestone, traffic-free streets, past colourful houses that lead up to the finest castle in the land. In the afternoon, continue through the green Bohemian countryside to Prague. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Prague||Prague, City of a Hundred Spires.: Join a Local Expert for a guided visit to one of Europe's most beautiful and historic cities. Start with the 1,000-year-old Prague Castle, where you can admire the stained glass of St. Vitus Cathedral and spectacular views over the Old Town. Finish in the Old Town Square where the mechanical antics of the Astronomical Clock's glockenspiel delight onlookers each hour. The city is then yours to explore. Maybe take a river cruise through the heart of the city or walk in the footsteps of kings along the Royal Route? Czechs are passionate about their beer, so be sure to try the local lagers, alongside Czech the cuisine. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 10||Prague||Prague at Leisure.: (Relaxed Start) Wind along cobbled lanes and discover a treasure-trove of hidden gems, as you explore Prague at your own pace. Perhaps cross the river to the castle district and experience the real Prague, away from the hustle and bustle of the city? This evening, tantalise your taste buds with a rousing Celebration Dinner of local specialties at a restaurant offering magnificent views over the city. Dobrou chut! (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 11||Depart Prague||Depart Prague.: Your journey comes to an end after breakfast. Departure transfers arrive at Prague airport at 08:00 and 10:00. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Visas: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements as documents may not be issued at borders in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class