Elegance of the Nile (Luxury Gold - Winter 2017-18)
Brochure Type: Europe Winter 2017/18
The Nile has long been a reflection of Egypt's history and destiny - an economic lifeline, a great highway to conquest and a source of inspiration throughout the centuries. Now it's your turn to be inspired as ancient history and spiritual wonders are revealed at every turn.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy an on-board Gala Reception and dinner.
- Nile Cruise: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy an evening of dinner and traditional Egyptian belly dancing.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy a signature evening of dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans creating authentic Egyptian bread.
- Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and high tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- Included Quality Dining: 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 High Tea (AT) and 1 Welcome Drink (WR). While Cruising: 7 Lunches (L), 3 Buffet Dinners (D) and 4 Signature Evenings (SE) all with bottled water, tea or coffee.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
- Aswan: Travel to a small Nubian village, visit a traditional dwelling of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Cairo: At the Egyptian Museum, with your Local Expert, gaze upon upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery - Tutankhamun's treasures.
- Cairo: Overlooking the magnificent River Nile, the Conrad Cairo is centrally located and offers premium rooms, elegant dining and 24-hour entertainment with a glamorous International Casino.
- Cruising: For the ultimate in luxury and refinement, set sail aboard the deluxe all-suite River Tosca. Experience old-world elegance, blended with modern amenities and comfort. The spacious suites are tastefully designed with marble bathrooms. Outside on the sun deck, the pool and shaded cabanas offer an oasis of calm to relax and enjoy the ever-changing scenery.
- Luxor: The opulent 5-star Winter Palace blends rich colonial design with the glory of Pharaonic times. Set amid luxuriant tropical gardens, this hotel offers the perfect retreat after a busy and exciting day exploring.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Philae Island: Rising from the waters, on the Island of Philae is the amazing Temple of Isis. Board a motorboat to get there.
- An expert Insight professional, multilingual Egyptologist/Travelling Concierge will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned coach with an on-board restroom (alternative coaches and vehicles, without on-board facilities, may be used on occasion).
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary (available for groups of 8 or more).
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary airport transfers available from and to Cairo Airport on arrival and departure days or when additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations. Scheduled air travel between Cairo/Luxor and Luxor/Cairo with included airport transfers.
- A 7-night Nile cruise on the MS Tosca (or similar).
- Please note that gratuities are not included for the Travelling Concierge, Nile Cruise staff, Drivers and Airport Escorts.
- Services of Insight's Representative in Egypt.
Call (765) 284-6316 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867415
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight (not included, please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Cairo||Cairo at leisure: Welcome to Egypt - a mystical and timeless land, where the ancient and modern world live side by side. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met at the airport and transferred to your elegant hotel.|
Conrad Hotel, Cairo
|Day 3||Cairo||Cairo sightseeing: After meeting your Insight Egyptologist, head for one of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Great Pyramids at Giza and their guardian Sphinx. Your tour of Cairo with a Local Expert includes entry to also go into one of the Pyramids. Continue to Sakkara, to see the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the oldest in the world, dating back to 2,700 BC. Nearby lies Memphis; famous capital of ancient Egypt. See the colossal statue of Ramses II and the great Alabaster Sphinx. In the evening, get to know your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests over a Welcome Drink at the hotel. Later, return to Giza as night falls to attend a magical Sound & Light show at the world famous pyramids, which literally illuminates the ancient history of Giza! (BB / WR)|
Conrad Hotel, Cairo
|Day 4||Luxor||Fly to Luxor to join your cruise: Transfer to the airport for your flight to Luxor. Visit Karnak, the largest temple complex ever built by man, constructed over a period of 1,500 years. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to stand in awe among the huge columns of the vast Hypostyle Hall. Then board your luxury cruise ship, one of the most stylish and spacious in Egypt. Journey down river to Dendera. In the evening, enjoy an on-board Gala Reception and dinner. (BB / L / SE)|
River Tosca (or similar)
|Day 5||Cruising||The Temple of Hathor and Luxor: Visit the Temple of Hathor in the morning. Built in the 1st century BC, it remains one of the best preserved temples in all of Egypt and contains a rare depiction of Cleopatra VII and Caesarian, the son of Julius Caesar. Cruise back to Luxor for some leisure time before visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Temple of Luxor. Founded in 1,400 BC during Thebe's Golden Age, it's a stunning sight at sunset. (BB / L / D)|
|Day 6||Cruising||The West Bank and Valley of the Kings: Travel by air-conditioned coach to the West Bank of the Nile. Stop for photos at the Colossi of Memnon - these gigantic twin stone statues of Amenhotep III once guarded his mortuary temple. Venture on to the amazing Temple of Hatshepsut, Egypt's first female pharaoh who ruled from 1,479 to 1,458 BC. Then head to the Valley of the Kings, one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world and burial place of Tutankhamun, whose mummified remains are still on display. Next, visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans creating authentic Egyptian bread. At night, join in the fun at an Egyptian dinner and a lively galabeya party. (BB / L / SE)|
|Day 7||Cruising||A Felucca around Kitchener's Island: Visit the unique double-temple of Kom Ombo in the morning, dedicated to both the crocodile-headed, Sobek and the Falcon God, Horus the Elder. In this sacred place near the riverbank, captive crocodiles were worshipped in life and mummified after death. Next, stretch out on a traditional Nile felucca (sailboat) for a peaceful ride around Kitchener's Island. Back on-board, relax and enjoy a visual feast as you cruise along the Nile to Aswan. In the evening, you will be treated to an Egyptian belly dancing performance. (BB / L / SE)|
|Day 8||Cruising||Aswan, Philae Island and high tea: Sightseeing includes a visit to the modern Aswan High Dam and the ancient Granite Quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex, moved stone-by-stone to its current location following the construction of the High Dam. Next, take a small boat along the banks of the Nile, watching for colourful native birds as you travel to a small Nubian village. Visit the traditional dwelling of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality as you learn more about the area's unique culture. In the late afternoon, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, with a colonial-style high tea at the Old Cataract Hotel. Once on-board your stylish and spacious cruiser, savour dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show and live music. (BB / L / AT / SE)|
|Day 9||Cruising||Relax upon the Nile to Kom Ombo: (Relaxed Start) The morning is at leisure to relax or explore, or maybe take an optional experience by air to Abu Simbel? These fabulous temples were carved out of the cliff side by Rameses II and later transported, in an amazing feat of modern engineering, out of the rising waters of Lake Nasser. Later, visit the unique double-temple of Kom Ombo, dedicated to both the crocodile-headed Sobek and the Falcon God, Horus the Elder. In this sacred place near the riverbank, captive crocodiles were worshipped in life and mummified after death. In the afternoon, begin your return voyage along the Nile, lined by a green ribbon of fertile land, with the arid desert beyond. The river continues to play a vital role in everyday life. In scenes that have hardly changed for centuries, local residents swim, bathe, work and play along its shores, while water-buffalo graze in nearby fields. (BB / L / D)|
|Day 10||Luxor||From Esna to Luxor: Start off with a visit to Esna Temple. Situated in the centre of Esna, this fascinating and highly decorated temple is dedicated to the ram-headed God Khnum, the God of creation. Then visit Esna Lock before sitting back and observing everyday life in rural Egypt as you float down-stream to Luxor. (BB / L / D)|
|Day 11||Luxor||Luxor: Check into your famous hotel built to attract the nobility of Europe. Over the years it has been home to Howard Carter, Jane Fonda, King Farouk as well as many crown princes and princesses. The afternoon is at leisure. (BB)|
Sofitel Winter Palace, Luxor
|Day 12||Cairo||Return to Cairo: After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight back to your stylish hotel in Cairo. Once in Cairo, enjoy incredible hilltop views over the city from the imposing Citadel of Salah El Din. This massive 12th century compound was home to Egypt's rulers for more than seven hundred years. Visit the sublime Alabaster Mosque of Mohammed Ali, with its highly ornate interior, before putting your bargaining skills to the test at the Khan El Khalili bazaar. Continue to the Egyptian Museum to admire the priceless treasures recovered from the tomb of Tutankhamun. (BB)|
Conrad Hotel, Cairo
|Day 13||Depart Cairo||Depart Cairo: Your tour concludes with transfers to Cairo Airport. (BB)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Seasonal adjustments and/or blackout dates apply. Prices based on Category 3 Cabins. Smaller coaches without toilet facilities or 40 seats may be used. Check with your Travel Agent about visas for this tour. The above prices include internal airfare and are accurate as of 6 Dec 16. Gratuities for Nile Cruise are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class