The Eastern Discovery and Cruise Standard (Summer 2018)
Brochure Type: Europe 2018
From the Schonbrunn Palace to the mighty Parthenon in Athens, learn the stories of an area steeped in history.
Additional Included Highlights
- Maribor: Take a moment to appreciate the blend of old and new architecture.
- Trogir: See the Cipiko Palace and Romanesque cathedral.
- Tirana: Enjoy guided sightseeing with your Local Expert.
- Corfu: Sail from the mainland to this idyllic island to relax or explore as you wish.
- Scenic Drives: Styria, Drava River, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Montenegro, Albania.
- Vienna: Let the sheer opulence of Schonbrunn Palace indulge your senses! Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a six-year-old prodigy.
- Mediterranean Legends Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Mykonos, Patmos, Crete & Santorini. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi or Greek island of Samos.
- Vienna: Tour the Ring Road passing the Hofburg Imperial Palace, Austrian Parliament Building, Opera House and Karlskirche.
- Zagreb: Your Local Expert guides you this two-tiered capital. Explore Donji Grad, the Lower Town, and see the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square, Ban Josip Jelacic Square and the cathedral. Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotr?cak Tower.
- Zagreb: Ride the funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town, to view the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotr?cak Tower.
- Plitvice Lakes: Marvel at the water wonderland, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, as you walk with your Local Expert along stunning cascades.
- Split: Join a Local Expert to explore within the walls of the Roman Emperor Diocletian's palace, now the heart of modern day Split.
- Dubrovnik: Explore the Pearl of the Adriatic with your Local Expert. Walk the stone-paved streets of the old town to see Onofrio's Fountain, Rector's Palace and the medieval city walls. Admire the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries.
- Kotor: Visit the old town situated on a beautiful bay and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Corfu: Escape to this idyllic island, enjoying leisure time on the beach or insightful exploration.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- 3 nights aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, outdoor pool, fitness centre, beauty salon, casino, bars & restaurants.
- You will enjoy the services of a Cruise Director, while on board, and all port taxes and crew gratuities are included.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served daily onboard your ship and we provide a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages.
- 2 shore excursions are included: Visiting Oia village in Santorini and a choice of visiting either Kusadasi and Ephesus or the Palace of Minos in Crete
- Transfers are included between Insight hotels and cruise port. If your arrival flights are as per the itinerary start dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from the airport. Complimentary transfers to Athens Airport are available on departure day, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Call (765) 284-6316 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14019978
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 17 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Your Journey Begins||Your Journey Begins: Board your overnight flight to Europe (Please ask about our great deals).|
|Day 2||Vienna||Welcome to Vienna.: Leave Vienna airport for your hotel with transfers provided at 10:00, 13:00 or 15:00. Vienna is famous for its delicious coffees and pastries so why not stroll to a local cafe after checking in? At 17:30, join your Travel Director and travel companions for a Welcome Dinner served with wine at a local restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 3||Vienna||Stately Vienna and the Habsburgs.: Join a Local Expert for a private tour of Maria Theresa's Schonbrunn Palace and its formal gardens. Continue sightseeing around the famous Ring Road, built parallel to the old city walls. After seeing the Opera House, the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Austrian Parliament Building and Karlskirche, the afternoon is at your leisure to explore. (Buffet Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Zagreb||Zagreb's Twin Towns.: Head through Styria's forested mountains, past Graz and over the Slovenian border to reach the 700-year-old university town of Maribor. Follow the Drava River through Croatia before heading for its capital, Zagreb, to explore with your Local Expert. Donji Grad, the Lower Town, is devoted to business, art and spacious parks, where streets are wide and airy and the layout is designed to give a sense of grandeur. See the Mimara Art Museum in Roosevelt Square and continue to Ban Josip Jelacic Square en route to the cathedral. Board the city's funicular to Gornji Grad, the medieval Upper Town. It's a network of little streets, stretching between the Kaptol and Gradec hills. View the former Presidential Palace, Stone Gate, St. Mark's Church and the Lotr?cak Tower. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Sheraton Zagreb Hotel.
|Day 5||Plitvice Lakes||The Crystal blue-green Lakes of Plitvice.: (Relaxed Start) Take this morning to relax and enjoy the hotel's facilities. In the afternoon depart for your next hotel, located inside the Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Jezero, Plitvice Lakes.
|Day 6||Split||Plitvice Lakes, Ancient Trogir and Split.: With a Local Expert, explore the Plitvice Lakes, a scenic wonderland of 16 lakes flanked by thundering waterfalls and primeval forest. Visit Korana Canyon's 70-metre-high falls and Tomicevo Pogledalo for views over the park. Travel along the coast and visit Trogir, which was founded by the Greeks in 400 B.C. and is renowned for its beautiful cathedral and Renaissance Cipiko Palace. Continue to the historic port of Split. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel President Solin.
|Day 7||Dubrovnik||Diocletian's Palace and Dine-Around in Dubrovnik.: Your Local Expert will lead you through the labyrinthine streets and arcaded squares. See St. Duje's, which was originally Diocletian's Mausoleum and the Temple of Jupiter, which today is a baptistery, as well as the Golden Gate. Venture into the basement rooms, thought to have housed the Emperor's slaves. Travel alongside sparkling deep blue seas and the rocky islands of the Dalmatian coast to Dubrovnik. For dinner, choose from a selection of hand-picked, local restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik.
|Day 8||Dubrovnik||Dubrovnik, Pearl of the Adriatic.: (Relaxed Start) Join a Local Expert to explore the stone-paved streets inside the 16th century bastions. See the Rector's Palace, Onofrio's Fountain, the city walls, as well as the Franciscan and Dominican monasteries. The remainder of your stay is yours to explore as you wish. Perhaps soak up the sun by your hotel's pool, relax at a cafe or embark on an optional cruise? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Hotel Kompas Dubrovnik.
|Day 9||Tirana||Scenic Drive to Kotor and Tirana.: Just over the border, visit the old town of Kotor. Admire the bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with its still azure waters lapping at the edge of the medieval towns, dotted between the surrounding mountains. Then travel through the spectacular scenery of Montenegro and Albania. Continue to the warmhearted capital of Tirana, for sightseeing with your Local Expert. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Plaza Tirana.
|Day 10||Corfu||Across the cobalt-blue waters to Corfu.: Journey across Albania to Greece where you set sail for the cobalt-blue waters of Corfu. Renowned since Odysseus for its untamed beauty and strategic position in the Mediterranean, Corfu remains an island where it is easy to escape the crowds and relax. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner)|
Corfu Holiday Palace/Cavalieri Hotel Corfu.
|Day 11||Corfu||Relax in Corfu.: (Relaxed Start) Enjoy a full day at leisure to relax and enjoy the beautiful island of Corfu. Perhaps explore the Old Town, head to one of the island's incredible beaches, or take a cruise around the island? (Buffet Breakfast)|
Corfu Holiday Palace/Cavalieri Hotel Corfu.
|Day 12||Delphi||Delphi, Centre of the Ancient World.: Set off from your island paradise for Delphi, a spectacular cliff-side amphitheatre and worthy of its status as the centre of the ancient world. (Buffet Breakfast)|
Amalia Hotel Delphi/Aegli Arachova.
|Day 13||Athens||Delphi sightseeing and on to Athens.: Ascend the Sacred Way of Delphi with your Local Expert. Pass the Parian marble Treasury of the Athenians and Polygonal Wall with its interlocking stones still perfectly intact after thousands of years. You'll approach the Temple of Apollo, where for 14 centuries the mysterious Oracle of Delphi breathed her enigmatic 'words.' Then, it's on to Athens! In the evening, enjoy a hearty Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant in true Greek style, complete with wine and good cheer. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Radisson Blu Park Hotel, Athens/Divani Caravel Hotel.
|Day 14||Cruising to Mykonos||Cruising to Mykonos: (Relaxed Start) Board your cruise ship and set sail for the lovely island of Mykonos with its dazzling sugar cube houses and whitewashed windmills. Tonight, the maze of walkways, welcoming tavernas and nightlife are yours to explore. Late in the evening, your cruise sails across the Aegean to Turkey. While cruising, enjoy an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served onboard daily. Your cruise includes a complimentary drinks package, featuring a selection of alcoholic, soft drinks and hot beverages. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
MV Celestyal Olympia
|Day 15||Kusadasi or Samos and Patmos||Kusadasi or Samos and Patmos: Today choose to explore the Turkish port of Kusadasi and visit the ancient ruins of Ephesus. Alternatively, decide to spend the day on the mystical island of Samos, birthplace of the mathematician Pythagoras. Guests choosing to stay on Samos will enjoy time at leisure, and join in an included excursion to the Palace of Knossos while in Crete. In the afternoon, sail to the island of Patmos where St. John the Devine was exiled by the Emperor Domitian. Later, your cruise sets sail for the island of Crete. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
MV Celestyal Olympia (or similar).
|Day 16||Crete and Santorini||Crete and Santorini: In the morning, you dock at Heraklion in Crete, the site of the ruins of King Minos' Palace of Knossos. Later, cruise beneath the sheer cliffs of Santorini. Explore the capital of Thira, with its clifftop restaurants and cafes, breathtaking views and amazing sunsets. A scenic drive north takes you to the Cycladic village of Oia, explore with a Local Expert and enjoy plenty of time to stroll through the marble-paved alleys. In the evening you sail onto Athens. (Buffet Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)|
MV Celestyal Olympia (or similar).
|Day 17||Depart Athens||Depart Athens: In the morning your cruise will dock in Athens. Bid farewell as your travels come to an end with a transfer to the airport. Please do not schedule flights before 13:00. (Buffet Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Visas: Some passports may require Visas, please speak to your Travel Agent at time of booking to assess your requirements as documents may not be issued at borders in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class