Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
Embark on this quintessential autumn holiday in a truly picturesque corner of North America, brimming with Americana and alive with the spectacular colours of an Indian Summer.
Additional Included Highlights
- Quechee Gorge: Stop for fall foliage picture-taking. Stop for photos at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods.
- Woodstock: See the famous covered bridge.
- White Mountains: Travel through Crawford Notch. Enjoy views of Mount Washington.
- Kennebunkport: Drive along Ocean Drive. See the homes of the rich and famous, including the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. Browse in the galleries and shops.
- Rockport: Stroll down flower-filled lanes of this charming seaside town. See the wooden fishing shacks, quaint stores and art galleries.
- Scenic Drives: Berkshire Hills, the Kancamagus Scenic Byway and the rugged scenery of the Maine coast.
- Bennington: Taste fresh cider at the Apple Barn and Country Bake Shop.
- Stowe: At your Highlight Dinner, taste the product of artisan brewers during a three-course meal.
- Montpelier: Visit Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks and taste a Vermont tradition: 'sugar on snow'.
- Portland: Toast to your fond travel memories over a Celebration Dinner at one of Portland's renowned restaurants.
- Waterbury: Learn the secrets behind the most famous ice cream in America and sample delicious flavours of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory.
- Included Quality Dining: 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 5 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- North Conway: With an expert naturalist, learn about the wildlife and ecology of the North Woods.
- Boston: Located in the heart of downtown, the Hyatt Regency Boston is just steps away from some of the city's most famous sites.
- Williamstown: The Orchards Hotel is an oasis of quiet charm and set against the backdrop of the magnificent Berkshire Mountains.
- Stowe: Enjoy a stay at the European-style Trapp Family Lodge, owned by the family who inspired 'The Sound of Music'.
- North Conway: The White Mountain Hotel and Resort is a warm and comfortable retreat with a breathtakingly beautiful setting and scenic mountain views.
- Portland: The Westin Portland Harborview brings the best of downtown Portland to your doorstep.
- Boston: Follow part of the red-brick Freedom Trail that brings to life the story of the American Revolution.
- Stockbridge: Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, a wonderful snapshot of Americana, built to showcase the amazing artwork produced during his long career.
- Woodstock: Explore one of the finest operating dairy farms in America and also a museum of Vermont's rural past at the Billings Farm and Museum.
- Franconia Notch: Enjoy superb panoramic views on-board the aerial tramway.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from and to Boston Logan International Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (765) 284-6316 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14020294
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Boston||Arrive Boston.: Welcome to Boston, affectionately known as 'Beantown'. On arrival at Boston Logan International Airport, a transfer will take you to your hotel. Perhaps take a stroll to Downtown Crossing or historic Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market. At 18:00, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hyatt Regency Boston.
|Day 2||Williamstown||Beantown to Williamstown.: Discover some of Boston's most famous sights as your Tour Director takes you along a section of the Freedom Trail. Then, enjoy the colourful scenery as you travel west to Stockbridge for a visit to the Norman Rockwell Museum, the largest and most significant collection of original Rockwell art. Travel through the stunning rolling hills of the Berkshires to your hotel in the beautiful college town of Williamstown. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
The Orchards Hotel, Williamstown.
|Day 3||Stowe||The Legends of the Fall and Stowe.: Leave Massachusetts to journey through the legendary fall foliage of Vermont. Visit The Apple Barn Country Bake Shop and taste fresh cider in the making. Visit the Rockefellers' renowned Billings Farm and Museum, a working dairy and farm life museum, before a stop in the quintessential Vermont village of Woodstock with its picturesque covered bridge. Arrive in Stowe, Vermont, the breathtaking alpine setting that attracted the real Von Trapp family of 'The Sound of Music' fame when they travelled from Austria in the late 1940s. At tonight's Highlight Dinner, each of the three inspired courses are perfectly paired with a lager tasting from your resort's on-site microbrewery. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe
|Day 4||Stowe||A Taste of Vermont.: (Relaxed Start) Today, enjoy beautiful scenery ablaze with fall colours. Sample flavours of a different kind on a guided tour of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory. Return to the charming town of Stowe where the rest of the day is yours to wander the quaint streets, hike in the woods, or enjoy your lodge's amenities. (Full Breakfast)|
Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe
|Day 5||North Conway||North Conway and The White Mountains.: Near Montpelier, visit Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks and taste a Vermont tradition: 'sugar on snow' - maple syrup served with a doughnut and pickle. Then head for New Hampshire's White Mountains and enter Franconia Notch. Get your cameras ready for a ride on the aerial tramway offering superb panoramic views. Later, journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway to North Conway. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
White Mountain Hotel and Resort, North Conway
|Day 6||North Conway||Sightseeing in The White Mountains.: (Relaxed Start) This morning, enjoy an insightful presentation by a naturalist on the North Woods' wildlife and ecology. Then, more spectacular fall foliage awaits as you journey through Crawford Notch. Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, offering stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres). Return to your hotel where the evening is at leisure. (Full Breakfast)|
White Mountain Hotel and Resort, North Conway
|Day 7||Portland||The Rugged Maine Coast to Portland.: (Relaxed Start) Leaving New Hampshire's glorious fall foliage, enter the deep green pine forests of western Maine. In charming Kennebunkport, travel along Ocean Drive with stunning views of the Maine coastline and the homes of Kennebunkport's rich and famous, including the summer retreat of former President George H.W. Bush. There will be time to browse the many galleries and shops, or walk along the waterfront before continuing to historic Portland. In the evening, enjoy a Celebration Dinner with your fellow travellers. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Westin Portland Harborview.
|Day 8||Boston||Back to Boston.: Continue south to the charming Nubble Lighthouse before driving back to Boston. Stops will be made at Boston Logan International Airport and the Boston tour hotel for guests wishing to extend their stay. Airport arrival will be 14:30. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. 19 and 26 Sep and 10 Oct 2018: These departures will no longer stay at the 'Trapp Family Lodge' in Stowe, but will stay at the 'Stoweflake Resort and Conference Center' in Stowe. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible!
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class