Northern Lights of Iceland including the Blue Lagoon Preview Winter 2019 2020
Brochure Type: Europe Summer 2019 V2
Journey to a land of ethereal landscapes - towering waterfalls, volcanoes and even mischievous elves. Iceland's intensely beautiful landscapes are a miracle of nature, from the vivid Blue Lagoon to the mystical Aurora Borealis dancing across the crystal-clear Icelandic sky.
- City tour in Reykjavik
- See the Eyjafjallajokull volcano
- View the black sand beach at Vik, Gullfoss, Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls and the Strokkur geyser
- Visit the Hallgrimskirkja church in Reykjavik, the Fridheimar Greenhouse, the Folk Museum in Skogar, the Hellisheidi Geothermal Exhibition, the world famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa and Viking World in Reykjanesbaer
- 5 hot buffet breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (765) 284-6316 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14385192
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Reykjavik||Arrive Reykjavik (2 Nights): Warm your winter heart in the cosmopolitan, creative city of Reykjavik. The capital of Iceland is yours to explore before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception with drinks and canapes.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Reykjavik||Reykjavik Sightseeing and Free Time: We meander past the colourful facades and iconic attractions of Reykjavik during a sightseeing tour that will include views of Parliament House, the Old Harbour, the National Museum and Laugardalur swimming pool. Admire the imposing hilltop Hallgrimskirkja church, inspired by Iceland's natural beauty. Weather permitting, this evening could see you venture out on a Northern Lights drive to catch a glimpse of the ethereal display of motion and colour.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Hella||Reykjavik - Golden Circle Excursion - Hella (2 Nights): We visit the Golden Circle and Thingvellir National Park to trace the gigantic cracks in the earth's crust, formed over millennia as the tectonic plates of North America and Eurasia slowly drift apart. Iceland's natural wonders continue to astound as we watch the bubbling mud pits and Strokkur geyser erupt, spouting a spectacular column of boiling water and steam 30 metres into the air. Next up are the glistening frozen waves of majestic Gullfoss, the 'Golden Waterfall', before we journey to the Fridheimar Greenhouse for a fascinating introduction into Icelandic horticulture and a taste of the juicy tomatoes grown there. This evening, dine at your hotel and, if conditions permit, join your Travel Director for a walk in search of the dazzling heavenly display.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Hella||South Shore Adventure Excursion: Embark on an epic journey through Iceland's extraordinary south coast, a land of Viking legends and mystical natural beauty. Encounter the spectacular waterfalls of Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss and the volcanic midst of Eyjafjallajokull, today completely covered in ice. Visit the Skogar Folk Museum where you will 'Dive Into Culture' and learn about Icelandic heritage, then travel to Vik to view the black sand beach. Tonight, we dine at our hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Keflavik||Hella - Blue Lagoon - Keflavik: The extraordinary geothermal feats of Iceland are explored today as we 'Dive Into Culture' and understand the way in which this island harnesses geothermal energy. We'll visit the state-of-the-art Hellisheidi Geothermal Exhibition located on an active volcanic ridge, then 'Dive Into Culture' again as you soak in the healing waters of the world-famous Blue Lagoon, a delicious cocktail in hand. (Please remember to pack your swimwear). Iceland's Viking heritage is next on our agenda during a visit to Viking World, before a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant with our Travel Director and travel companions.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Park Inn by Radisson
|Day 6||Iceland||Depart Iceland: We bid farewell to this extraordinary land of legends and epic landscapes.?Buffet Breakfast|
- Triple Room share is not available on this trip.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class